|Zulfiqar Magsi says he’s ready to quit politics|
20 October 2012
Balochistan Governor Zulfiqar Ali Magsi announced on Friday his desire to retire from politics, while also addressing the interim order issued by the Supreme Court last week.
Magsi warned that if a stay order was not acquired against the interim order that the Supreme Court issued last week, repercussions would be grave. The governor also said that while the atmosphere was congenial for the general elections in Balochistan, he has no intention to run in the elections, as he wants to retire from practical politics.
Magsi was speaking to members of the Balochistan Media Action Committee. He discussed the significance of the SC interim order, which detailed the Balochistan government’s failure to maintain law and order in the province and directed it to adopt appropriate measures to end the sense of deprivation amongst people in the troubled province. The order also directed them to provide compensation to the families of missing persons.
Magsi said that that after consulting legal experts, he advised the provincial and federal authorities to lodge a review appeal against the interim order. He added that no one had instructed him to contact the disgruntled Baloch leaders, adding that those rumours were spread by the media.
He said that talks of bloodshed were also limited to the media and that the situation was undoubtedly precarious in Balochistan, but controlling the situation was the responsibility of the provincial government and it should rise up to its responsibilities.
The governor also made it clear that there was no deficiency of funds within the Balochistan government; however, he added that he did question where the funds were being spent.
“The opposition was washed away with billions of rupees … and this is the very reason why no opposition exists in Balochistan,” Zulfiqar Magsi said.
The governor was also apprised of the difficulties the media faces and discussion on how the Supreme Court’s interim order forbids the media to publish statements released by banned outfits.
|See Also in Political News|
|Ridicule of The nation of Pakistan and defense agencies by Altaf Hussain is not bearable: Shakir Qureshi|
23 May 2013
Caravan e Fikar has demanded immediate action against MQM leader, Altaf Hussain in response of his statement about division of Pakistan. Caravan e Fikar appealed to Overseas Pakistanis, Pakistani army chief, Chef Justice, Political parties & personals, even members of MQM to put lifetime ban on MQM's political activities. Caravan e Fikar UK's chairman Shakir Qureshi stated that MQM is trying to raise fire in Pakistan and we will put MQM's dirty deeds to an end. Karachi belongs to Pakistan and ... Full Story
|China to help end Pakistan energy crisis: Li|
23 May 2013
ISLAMABAD: China and Pakistan should make the cooperation on power generation a priority, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said, as Pakistan seeks to end an energy crisis that triggers power cuts of up to 20 hours a day, bringing the economy to a near standstill.
He was addressing a luncheon hosted in his honour by President Asif Ali Zardari here at the Aiwan-e-Sadr on Wednesday.Li arrived in Islamabad under extra-tight security on the second leg of his first official trip since taking office in ... Full Story
|Massive power outages irk people|
23 May 2013
LAHORE: The unscheduled loadshedding of electricity coupled with a very hot weather made lives of the people very miserable across the country.
The power outages continued for more 20 hours a day.
The business centers gave a deserted look and especially those traders, whose business linked with electricity, literally went jobless.
The load-shedding of electricity especially during night made people pass sleepless nights and due to shortage of sleep, the people went irritated and the ... Full Story